- Berkeley Series
- Connestee Simple Stamped
- Deptford Overview
- Deptford Brushed
- Deptford Incised
- Deptford Cord Marked
- Deptford Linear Check Stamped / Fabric Impressed
- Deptford Linear Check Stamped
- Deptford Linear Check Stamped/Cord Marked
- Deptford Linear Check Stamped/Simple Stamped
- Deptford Simple Stamped
- Deptford Zoned-Incised Punctate
- Deptford Check Stamped
- Oak Leaf
- Swift Creek Complicated Stamped
Textile Marked Wares
- Woodland Plain
- Dan River Series
- Etowah Complicated Stamped
- Irene Complicated Stamped
- Irene Incised
- Lamar Complicated Stamped
- Napier Complicated Stamped
- Oldtown Series
- Pee Dee Complicated Stamped
- Santee Simple Stamped
- Savannah Series
- St. Catherines Series
- Uwharrie Series
- Woodstock Complicated Stamped
- Historic Period
Deptford Linear Check Stamped / Fabric Impressed
from David Anderson's Type Description
The type is extremely rare in the Deptford series. Three sherds with a linear check stamped/fabric impressed finish were found at Mattassee Lake (Anderson et al. 1982: 280, 283). The co-occurrence of the two finishes on the same vessel unequivocally documents their contemporaneity.
Design consisting of discrete areas of linear check stamping and fabric impressions on the same vessel. May be confused with Deptford Linear Check Stamped, Cape Fear Fabric Marked, or other fabric impressed types.
Rarely noted. The only reported examples are from the Mattassee Lake sites on the lower Santee River.
Early and Middle Woodland periods (ca. 600BC to 500AD).
South (1976: 40); Anderson et al. (1982: 280); Caldwell and Waring (1939a, 1939b); Sassaman and Anderson (1990).